Recipe by Evan's Mommy
Mexican food lovers heaven! A great crowd pleaser as well. Recipe could be varied with other things such as beans, corn, etc.
Top Review by PrincessSarahNP
This dish was a cinch to make, and was a hit with a party I had. I added 1/2 cup of minced fresh cilantro in between the layers, which adds even more Mexican flavor. I will definitely make this again!
- 1 package corn tortilla, cut into strips
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, diced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook meat and drain fat.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, taco seasoning, and chilies and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Grease casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup salsa mixed with soup over the bottom.
- Place a layer of tortilla strips then top with 1/2 cup meat mixture.
- Layer 1/2 cup salsa mixed with soup and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.