Great take on a mexi lasagna. My whole family loves this and it makes a great potluck dish.
Make and share this Mexican Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces taco sauce or 8 ounces enchilada sauce, to your heat preference
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 12 corn tortillas, 6 inches
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook meat with onion and garlic until no longer pink; drain.
- Add beans, red or green pepper, tomato sauce, taco sauce, salt, cumin and oregano; simmer 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 cup meat mixture evenly in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer 6 tortillas over sauce; with 1 cup of the meat mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Cover with remaining tortillas and remaining meat mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese.
- Continue baking 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Can be served with chopped lettuce and chopped tomatoes for a nice garnish.