Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You don't need lots of ingredients to do this recipe and it's not too expensive. From the issue of November 2006 of Coup de pouce.
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 430 ml salsa
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated
- Lightly grease a square pan of 8 inches and put 2 tortillas overlapping each other (fold the sides). Spread half the refried beans on tortillas. Sprinkle with half spinach and cover with 1/3 of salsa, then with 1 cup of cheese. Cover with another tortilla and remaining refried beans. Sprinkle with remaining spinach and spread another 1/3 of salsa. Sprinkle with about 1 cup of remaining cheese. Cover with the last tortilla and add remaining of salsa. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F about 15 minutes. Keep on cooking under the grill 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.
This is a quick and easy dish! We enjoyed it but it was missing something... maybe because I used low-fat mozzarella instead of Mexican cheese!! For a quick lunch, this is great!! Thanks Boomette! Made for Tag! ;)