Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
I got this recipe from by best friend. It is wonderful and my family just loves it. Have taken it to many potlucks.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- sliced green onion
- sliced black olives
- Cook/crumble beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned; drain well.
- Combine beef mixture, beans, chili powder oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Place layer of uncooked lasagna noodles in bottom on 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread half ot the beef mixture over the noodles.
- Top with more noodles and remaining beef mixture.
- Cover with remaining noodles.
- Combine water and salsa and pour over top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, green onions, and olives.
This was sooooo good. I added a small amount of chopped onion and garlic to brown with the ground beef. Easy is not the word for this. I had this put together and in the oven in no time. Tasted delicious. My family gave it the big thumbs up. Thanks.
This was absolutely delicious. The only change/addition I made was sauteeing a chopped medium onion and a crushed garlic clove in a little oil before adding the meat. I am confident it will freeze wonderfully. Thanks for sharing, NurseDi!
I use a very simular recipe I created, only instead of using noodles I use flour tortillas. Everyone thinks it's awesome!!