Recipe by Munchkin Mama
Everyone really enjoys this! Very simple and tasty. Serve with sour cream and salsa. This freezes beautifully for once-a-month cooking. (Just prepare as directed, thaw 24 hours in the refrigerator, and bake as directed). It can also be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake. This is a mild version, great for kids.
- 10 flour tortillas, quartered
- 1 lb ground beef, browned (about 2 1/2 c. prepared)
- 1 cup salsa
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer half of the tortillas on the bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salsa, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Layer half of this mixture on the tortillas.
- In another bowl, combine cottage cheese, beaten eggs, and oregano. Layer over the meat mixture.
- Spread remaining meat mixture on top.
- Layer remaining tortilla quarters over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.