Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a way to make enchiladas easier to serve, just slice like lasagna.
- 8 large tortillas
- 14 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef on stove, drain excess grease and set aside.
- Brown onion and pepper.
- In a bowl mix all the dry spices.
- Combine beef, onion and pepper, and half of spice mix in a bowl.
- In another bowl chop up tomatoes and mix in remaining spices.
- In a baking dish drizzle some oil.
- Lay a tortilla on the bottom, tear one to fill in the whole bottom.
- Place a layer of the meat mix, then cheese, then tomatoes.
- Make another layer of tortilla, then fillings until you finish with a layer of tortilla and then cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 min, until cheese melts and browns a little.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.