Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce, medium
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas (I use Jalapeno-Cheddar)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 T olive oil.
- Add turkey and season with chili powder, cumin, red onion, green chilies and garlic.
- Brown the meat, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salsa and taco sauce.
- Add black beans, corn and olives.
- Season with salt and simmer the sauce for a few minutes to take the raw edge off the spices and allow the flavors to meld.
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with remaining olive oil.
- Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with.
- Build lasagna in layers of meat mixture, then tortillas, then cheese.
- Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again.
- Bake lasagna 12-15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
I loved this recipe!! It was delicious and it froze really well. I did make a couple of small changes due to ingredients I had on hand. I used kittencals enchilada sauce and I added a can of drained diced tomato with green chilis in it instead of the salsa and taco sauce. I used canned corn (drained) and omitted the onion (hubs doesn't like them) I also used reduced fat cheese and reduced the amount to about a cup and a half. To make it even healthier I used mission carb watch tortillas which have 11 grams of fiber per tortilla! I topped it with a little sour cream before serving and it was delicious! This ended up being a low fat, high fiber dish that almost had me go back for 3rds! Thanks so much for the recipe!
***Made for PAC Spring '08*** LOVED THIS!!!! Only change was the ripe olives - I had to leave them out, DH doesn't like them. Other than that, followed recipe exactly. And we both loved it. I will be making this again. My stepson and his wife will be coming to visit in a few weeks, and I will make this for them - but next time I will have to make it without the meat since they are semi-vegetarians. But all in all, it was great.
Very nice tasting mexican lasagna! I only used about 1 teaspoon of cumin and red kidney beans instead of black beans. Easy to make and put together. We topped with a dollop of sour cream and salsa to serve. Thank you rickoholic83 for posting this recipe!