Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome recipe! I make this a lot at my house! It's a great dish to play around with whatever you have on hand! Great served with spanish rice. This is my take on a Rachel Ray recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (8 inch) package spinach tortillas, cut in half
- Brown ground beef with onions and peppers in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and water to skillet and stir to combine.
- Place half of meat mixture in a greased 13x9 casserole baking dish. The layers will go as follows starting with meat on bottom: meat, cheese, tortillas, and cheese. Then repeat again: meat, cheese, tortillas, and cheese (making sure last layer is cheese. **the cheese sort of acts as a glue keeping the layers together better**.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees until bubbly. Garnish casserole with chopped green onions.
This is also the same Rachel Ray recipe! Love it! Thanks for posting!