Recipe by tucirclekelly
This has been a hit for everyone I've made it for. I think it was originally from a magazine, but I lost the paper recipe years ago and have been making it my own way ever since. I lightened it up a bit with light cheese and lean beef, but you could use the regular stuff.
Top Review by vrvrvr
We loved this casserole! I added a can of Rotel in place of some of the salsa, and I used about 1/2 T. of a homemade taco seasoning. The lasagna had great zip from the green chiles and spicy tomatoes and salsa, and it was heavenly with a bit of sour cream as garnish. Perfect for a crowd! Thanks Chef!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 113.39 g jarchopped green chilies
- 35.43 g packet taco seasoning mix (mild or spicy)
- 340.19 g jar salsa (any kind you like)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 340.19 g can black beans or 340.19 g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese or 226.79 g Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the beef with the onions. Drain off fat.
- Add the taco seasoning, and stir well.
- Add the beans, salsa, chiles, and tomato sauce. Stir well and simmer 5 minute.
- Cut each tortilla into quarters.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray. Layer half of tortilla pieces, completely covering bottom of pan.
- Ladle on half of beef mixture, covered by half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil (I spray the foil with cooking spray so it doesn't stick to the cheese) and bake for 30 minute Allow to set up for 5 min before cutting.