1/1 Photo of Mexican Lasagna
Chef #368305's Note:
This has been a hit for everyone I've made it for. I think it was originally from a magazine, but I lost the paper recipe years ago and have been making it my own way ever since. I lightened it up a bit with light cheese and lean beef, but you could use the regular stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 113.39 g jar chopped green chilies
- 35.43 g packet taco seasoning mix (mild or spicy)
- 340.19 g jar salsa (any kind you like)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 340.19 g can black beans or 340.19 g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese or 226.79 g Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Brown the beef with the onions. Drain off fat.
- 3Add the taco seasoning, and stir well.
- 4Add the beans, salsa, chiles, and tomato sauce. Stir well and simmer 5 minute.
- 5Cut each tortilla into quarters.
- 6Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray. Layer half of tortilla pieces, completely covering bottom of pan.
- 7Ladle on half of beef mixture, covered by half of the cheese.
- 8Repeat layers.
- 9Cover with foil (I spray the foil with cooking spray so it doesn't stick to the cheese) and bake for 30 minute Allow to set up for 5 min before cutting.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 912.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.3 g