Recipe by MissBobLoblaw
Easy and delicious Mexican dish. I got this recipe from my mother.
Top Review by Susie D
We enjoyed this southwest spin on lasagna. It was easy to prepare I used Recipe #515275 for the taco seasoning. I elected to add black olives, sliced green onions, diced red and green peppers to the meat mixture before layering for color and texture. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.
- 1 (16 sheet) packagebarilla no-boil lasagna noodles (do not boil)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) jarbarilla lasagna & casserole marinara sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mexican cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F; spray 13X9X2 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove 12 Lasagna noodles from package. Do not boil.
- Cook beef and taco seasoning in large skillet, following directions on the taco seasoning package. Remove from heat; stir in lasagna sauce.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese and 2 cups Mexican-style cheese.
- To assemble Lasagna, spread 1 cup meat mixture over bottom of pan. Arrange 4 uncooked lasagna noodles over meat mixture, overlapping edges if necessary to fit pan. Top with half of ricotta mixture and 1 cup meat mixture. Repeat layers. (4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining half of ricotta mixture and 1 cup meat mixture); top with remaining 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining meat mixture and remaining 2 cups Mexican-style cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover and continue cooking about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.