Recipe by erinBOberrin
Here's a light Mexican dish the whole family is sure to love. Serve with refried beans.
Top Review by Lynette Coleman
My family loved this dish! (Even the picky eaters ate it all! This did not taste or look like a "low-fat" dish! The recipe was very easy to make but I did alter it somewhat. I made my own corn tortillas, but I don't think that changed the taste or texture. I also used the 16 oz. bottle of salsa, but did not add additional tomato sauce. In addition to the ground turkey, I added one 16 ounce can of pinto beans.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (low sodium)
- 16 ounces salsa or 16 ounces picante sauce
- 1 cup light cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces light monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces light cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown turkey, drain (if necessary).
- Add seasoning packet, onion, tomato sauce and salsa.
- Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg in small bowl.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Assemble lasagna in the following order: 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 tortillas, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cheese, repeat.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.