Here's a light Mexican dish the whole family is sure to love. Serve with refried beans.
Make and share this Mexican Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (low sodium)
- 16 ounces salsa or 16 ounces picante sauce
- 1 cup light cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces light monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces light cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown turkey, drain (if necessary).
- Add seasoning packet, onion, tomato sauce and salsa.
- Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg in small bowl.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Assemble lasagna in the following order: 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 tortillas, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cheese, repeat.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.