Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"Invented" by my 13 year old son, this is a quick and easy throw-together meal. It's a full meal - protein, veggies and starch - all in one dish. If you like it spicy, add chopped jalapenos to the bean and corn step. This can also be assembled and frozen for OAMC.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag veggie crumbles or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups jarred salsa
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place veggie crumbles in a saucepan. (Or brown ground beef, drain fat.) Add tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and oregano. Simmer over low heat until heated through.
- Sautee onion and salt until transluscent. Add beans and corn. Heat through. If desired, mash with a handheld potato masher.
- Layer a 9 X 13 baking pan: 6 tortillas (it's ok if they overlap a bit), bean mix, 1/2 the cheese, 6 tortillas, meat, salsa, 6 tortillas, bean mix, olives, diced tomatoes, rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra salsa and sour cream.
- For Vegetarian omit the ground beef.