1/4 Photos of Mexican Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Booshman's Note:
I like this recipe because it's made with corn tortillas instead of pasta noodles. It sure is a family pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (I use ground chicken) or 1 lb ground turkey (I use ground chicken)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (or use cheddar)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 10 corn tortillas
- sour cream
- taco sauce
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain well. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic, taco seasoning and half of the enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in refried beans, set aside.
- 3Combine 1/2 cup cheese, cottage cheese, and 2 eggs. Stir well using a fork. Set aside.
- 4Layer 1/4 of the enchilada sauce in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Place 2 corn tortillas plus one broken in half on top of sauce. Place 1/3 of meat mixture on top of tortillas followed with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat one more time until all the stuff is used up (except for remaining jack cheese).
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Sprinkle remaining jack cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 7Serve topped with sour cream and taco sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 950.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 31.4 g