Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chili powder adds a spicy Mexican twist to the Italian favorite. The taste-tested recipe comes from Ragu kitchens. TIP: Substitute refried beans for ground beef for a meatless main dish.
- 1 (26 ounce) jarold world pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 (8 1/2 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Set aside 1 cup pasta sauce.
- In a 10-inch skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain of fat.
- Stir in remaining pasta sauce, corn and chili powder.
- In a 13-x-9-inch spread 1 cup pasta mixture; arrange 2 tortillas over sauce, overlapping edges slightly.
- Layer half of the sauce mixture and one-third of the cheese over tortillas; REPEAT layers. ending with tortillas.
- Spread tortillas with the 1 cup reserved pasta sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes, then top with remaining cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Very good! Used ground turkey instead of beef since thats all I had. A def. make again!