Recipe by Barb G.
Chili powder adds a spicy Mexican twist to the Italian favorite. The taste-tested recipe comes from Ragu kitchens. TIP: Substitute refried beans for ground beef for a meatless main dish.
- 1 (26 ounce) jarold world pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 (8 1/2 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Set aside 1 cup pasta sauce.
- In a 10-inch skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain of fat.
- Stir in remaining pasta sauce, corn and chili powder.
- In a 13-x-9-inch spread 1 cup pasta mixture; arrange 2 tortillas over sauce, overlapping edges slightly.
- Layer half of the sauce mixture and one-third of the cheese over tortillas; REPEAT layers. ending with tortillas.
- Spread tortillas with the 1 cup reserved pasta sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes, then top with remaining cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.