Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy one dish recipe. Great for leftovers.
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 6 corn tortillas, cut in strips
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 16 ounces picante sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat and drain. Add taco season, onion and tomato sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, parmesan and eggs, beating eggs to lemon color as you add them. Spray an 8 1/2 x 11-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 of tortilla strips, 1/2 cheese/egg mixture and 1/2 of grated cheese. Repeat layers, ending with grated cheese. Pour picante entirely over all. Bake 25-30 minutes, until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.