1/1 Photo of Mexican Lasagna
This is actually a recipe for a casserole that I altered so much I ended up coming up with my own recipe. Hope you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 (10 ounce) cans rotel (or any chopped tomatoes with green chilis)
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese (or whatever flavor you like)
- 2 jalapenos, chopped. (For a milder lasagna either remove seeds from Jalepenos or omit all together)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 1Brown meat with onion in skillet.
- 2Drain and put meat and onion back in skillet.
- 3Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, jalepenos, and Rotel.
- 4Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Layer bottom of a 9"x13" casserole dish with 5-6 tortillas.
- 7Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture over tortillas.
- 8Pour 1/2 (8 oz.) of taco sauce over meat mixture, and smooth out with spoon.
- 9Place remaining tortillas over meat mixture.
- 10Spread remaining meat mixture over tortillas.
- 11Pour remaining taco sauce over meat mixture and smooth out with spoon.
- 12Spread 2 cups of cheese over top of lasagna.
- 13Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 14Remove from oven.
- 15Layer lettuce, tomatoes, and remaining cheese over lasagna.
- 16Serve with refried beans, corn chips, or spanish rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.5
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 2428.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g