Recipe by ShortyBond
This is actually a recipe for a casserole that I altered so much I ended up coming up with my own recipe. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 (10 ounce) cans rotel (or any chopped tomatoes with green chilis)
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese (or whatever flavor you like)
- 2 jalapenos, chopped. (For a milder lasagna either remove seeds from Jalepenos or omit all together)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- Brown meat with onion in skillet.
- Drain and put meat and onion back in skillet.
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, jalepenos, and Rotel.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Layer bottom of a 9"x13" casserole dish with 5-6 tortillas.
- Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture over tortillas.
- Pour 1/2 (8 oz.) of taco sauce over meat mixture, and smooth out with spoon.
- Place remaining tortillas over meat mixture.
- Spread remaining meat mixture over tortillas.
- Pour remaining taco sauce over meat mixture and smooth out with spoon.
- Spread 2 cups of cheese over top of lasagna.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, and remaining cheese over lasagna.
- Serve with refried beans, corn chips, or spanish rice.