Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This looks interesting and really good, so I cut it out of the falling apart cookbook.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 T butter)
- 2 lbs lamb, trimmed well and cut into cubes
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (cook with the rice)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced canned peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sliced canned pears
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, onion, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat mixture, but do not boil.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Saute lamb until golden.
- Add lamb to hot milk.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat until lamb is tender and milk has cooked away (about 1 hour or more).
- Place lamb in center of serving dish that has been covered with the hot rice and raisin mixture.
- Arrange sliced peaches and pears around lamb.
- Sprinkle lamb with almonds and parsley.