Recipe by Hey Jude
Tasty and easy dip to serve with tortilla chips. Make it hotter by adding more red pepper.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten with a little milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the green pepper, onion, and garlic for about 3 minutes; add the chili powder, cumin seed and tomatoes, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese slowly, stirring, then add the salt and red pepper.
- When the cheese has melted, stir in the egg.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.