Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband is on a strict diet, no sugar, no fat, no red meat. This was developed for taste, crunch and eye appeal. I have used canned pears when fresh were not available. This is an original recipe. Quick to fix and satisfying.
- 1 lb jicama
- 2 fresh pears or 6 ounces pear halves in natural juice
- 20 -25 seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel jicama and pears. Core pears if using fresh or drain & pat dry with paper towels if using canned.
- Cut into julienne strips. Cut grapes in half. Place jicama, pears and grapes in medium serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir gently.
- Add Splenda, fat free half & half and cinnamon. Gently stir until well blended. Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours( I stir once during the chilling).
- Before serving, stir. You may serve in individual bowls or drain the sweet dressing from the jicama/fruit and serve on plates with lettuce leafs for the base. Jicama is juicy, full of water and also crunchy so there will be dressing to eat with a spoon.
Nice combination of crunchy, sweet & sour (grapes...) Easy to make