Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb lean ground beef (may substitute ground turkey)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (can add more if you like it real hot)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In large ovenproof pan, cook the ground beef, celery, onion and bell pepper until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- To pan, add rice, water, diced tomatoes, olives, chopped green chili's, bouillion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; heat to boiling and remove from heat.
- Cover and a bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Cover and let stand for about 10 minutes.
This was really good, thanks for the recipe!
For such a simpe recipe, it is very good! I made this vegetarian, by using veg friendly comparable ingredients, and as I said very good. My family all likes it and it is now in our regular meal rotation.
Loved it. Easy to make and great as leftovers! Did it in the dutch oven, turned out beautifully.