1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (may substitute ground turkey)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (can add more if you like it real hot)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1In large ovenproof pan, cook the ground beef, celery, onion and bell pepper until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- 2To pan, add rice, water, diced tomatoes, olives, chopped green chili's, bouillion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; heat to boiling and remove from heat.
- 3Cover and a bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 4Remove from oven and sprinkle with the Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 5Cover and let stand for about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Jack Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 681.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 35.4 g