Recipe by Lainey6605
Dulce de leche ice cream is caramel-flavored. Vanilla would taste great here, too.
Top Review by AlainaF
Very good. I made it with vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream. The chocolate sauce is amazing, just make sure to cool it well beforehand or you'll end up with melted ice cream like me ;) Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8.
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 pints dulce de leche ice cream or 1 1⁄2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup redskin peanuts or 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; toast, tossing occasionally, until brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes (store at room temperature up to 1 day).
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring cream to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, cinnamon and salt.
- Let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is shiny (cover and refrigerate up to 2 days; before serving, reheat in double boiler or the microwave).
- Remove ice cream from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Scoop into bowls; top with warm sauce, peanuts and coconut.