Dulce de leche ice cream is caramel-flavored. Vanilla would taste great here, too.
Make and share this Mexican Ice Cream Sundaes With Cinnamon Chocolate Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; toast, tossing occasionally, until brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes (store at room temperature up to 1 day).
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring cream to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, cinnamon and salt.
- Let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is shiny (cover and refrigerate up to 2 days; before serving, reheat in double boiler or the microwave).
- Remove ice cream from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Scoop into bowls; top with warm sauce, peanuts and coconut.