Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is Diana Shaw's recipe. Its from The Essential Vegetarian. Its really great served as an alternative to greasy refried beans. Try it in a quesadilla, or as a dip with tortilla chips.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cups freshly cooked red kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (I like spicy, so I use 1/8 tsp)
- Toss everything in food processor& blend until smooth.
This was very good. I served it with both veggie dippers and tortilla chips. It was well received by everyone. Will definitely make again.