Recipe by breezermom
Classic Hummus Dip with a slightly southwest twist. Delicious served with pita bread chips. Credit goes to Sister Mercita Pipp from Little Falls, MN.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Great hummus! I absolutely love the garlic flavor and just the hint of heat from the hot sauce. I did have to add about 1/4 cup of olive oil to thin it out a bit. I also added salt. This recipe makes a good amount of hummus, which I love because I like to always have some in my fridge. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained well (chick-peas)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 5 drops hot sauce
- cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Position the knife blade in a food processor bowl. Drop the garlic through the food chute with the processor running; process 3 seconds or until garlic is minced.
- Add garbanzo beans and remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with pita bread chips.