1/4 Photos of Mexican Huevos Rancheros
When I lived in Mexico, this was one of my favorite meals! Easy and oh so good! Delicioso!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tabasco is good)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1In large skillet, heat olive oil.
- 2Add onion and green pepper, cook until tender.
- 3Add tomato, garlic, jalapeno, if using, oregano, salt, hot pepper sauce, tomato sauce and water.
- 4Simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- 6Break eggs, one at a time, into cup and slip into sauce.
- 7Cover and simmer over low heat until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
- 8Serve over tortillas or toasted English muffins, topped with some of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Huevos Rancheros
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 488.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g