Recipe by **Pebbles**
A popular Mexican dish using corn tortillas with chorizo/potato toppings. The chorizo is a spice sauasage so no additonal spice except for paprika is added. However certainly feel free to add your favorites. From Tampa Tribune.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I was in the middle of making these when my family came home. They tried these before I finished them and ate them all. So I got to the end of step two. My guess is these would be fantastic if eaten the way they were intended but I'll try that next time. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 2 medium white potatoes, parboiled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup canned refried black beans
- 1 cup Cotija cheese (feta cheese can be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in medium non stick pan over medium heat. Place tortillas in pan and brown for a minute or two on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Heat second tsp oil in same skillet and saute chorizo and potatoes until lightly browned, about 5 minutes Season with s & p. Remove and set aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the refried beans on one side of each tortilla. Then spoon 1/4 of the chorizo/potato mix on top each. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on top each and top with lettuce.
- Drizzle sour cream over everything and sprinkle with a little paprika.