A popular Mexican dish using corn tortillas with chorizo/potato toppings. The chorizo is a spice sauasage so no additonal spice except for paprika is added. However certainly feel free to add your favorites. From Tampa Tribune.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 2 medium white potatoes, parboiled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup canned refried black beans
- 1 cup Cotija cheese (feta cheese can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream (to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1Heat 1 tsp olive oil in medium non stick pan over medium heat. Place tortillas in pan and brown for a minute or two on each side. Remove and set aside.
- 2Heat second tsp oil in same skillet and saute chorizo and potatoes until lightly browned, about 5 minutes Season with s & p. Remove and set aside.
- 3Spread 1/4 of the refried beans on one side of each tortilla. Then spoon 1/4 of the chorizo/potato mix on top each. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on top each and top with lettuce.
- 4Drizzle sour cream over everything and sprinkle with a little paprika.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Huaraches
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.8
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 2152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 41.5 g