Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Brownings in Little Rock, Arkansas - YES this is the real thing!
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 4 -5 jalapeno peppers, pickled stems removed such as Trappeys
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Place whole peppers and whole tomatoes in the bottom of the blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree/chop until thick, not chunky.
- Keeps in the fridge for several weeks.