Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A different kind of meaty chili with just enough heat.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- Brown meat in hot oil in a dutch oven.
- Add onions and saute until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 11/2 hours.
This was very easy to prepare, I think prep time was less then the 20 minutes stated. The thyme gave this a different flavor but we still liked this. I was thinking about using one of my newest spices I bought the other day, the dried ancho chile powder. I decided against it but will use half ancho and half chili powders next time. I'm so thankful there is only one pan to clean up in the end! I made this for My 3 Chefs game 2007... Theme: Recipes having these words in title 'Hot Pot'