Recipe by Sharon123
Mmmmm, topped with a rich sauce of chocolate, coffee, and cinnamon, what a treat! Adapted from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by JeriBinNC
This has a flavor that is simply intoxicating. I didn't have as many chocolate chips as I thought I did, so mine came out a little thin. I didn't care, though, because it tasted so heavenly! I'll make a grocery store run tomorrow and re-heat it and add some more chocolate to give it a better consistency. But believe me, the coffee and cinnamon really make this sauce something special, even if you mess it up like I did. :-)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the cream and 1/2 cup of the coffee to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate and cinnamon.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls and top with warm chocolate sauce, pine nuts and mint. Enjoy!