These are such a good twist to regular hot dogs! I just made these for my boyfriend and realized they not on zaar yet! So here I am to introduce you all to these delicious Mexican hot dogs!!! :)
- Heat pan on medium high heat.
- Wrap bacon slices tightly around franks. Insert toothpicks on both ends to hold bacon in place. Make sure that the toothpicks are not sticking out of frank on both sides, just on one side.
- Place franks with flat side (side with toothpick not sticking out) on hot pan. Let cook until bacon appears done.
- Meanwhile, chop onions and cilantro.
- Also if desired, toast hot dog buns on separate warm pan or grill or toast them.
- When bacon appears done, CAREFULLY lift franks up with tongs and pull toothpicks out and reinsert them with the uncooked side flat and the toothpick sticking out of cooked side. Place them back in pan and cook other side of franks.
- Once the bacon is done, check for any uncooked spots and angle the franks in a way that will cook the bacon. Once all sides of bacon appear cooked, remove from pan and pat down on paper towel.
- Place the done franks onto hot dog buns. Sprinkle with diced onions and cilantro. Add ketchup and/or mustard if desired and serve! Enjoy these yummy new hot dogs! :D.
Made this recipe to cover two meals, & for the first one I served the dogs as indicated! VERY, VERY NICE! Then, the next night I served them up the same way, but also smothered them with some homemade chili, & they were GREAT! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #21]