Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and Easy Treat that my kids love!
- 1 package flour tortilla
- 1 package hot dog
- sliced American cheese or jalapeno cheese
- hot sauce or salsa
- Place one slice of cheese in the center of your tortilla.
- Place the hot dog in the center of the cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla and secure it with the toothpick so that it stays closed.
- I place the rolls in a large non-stick frying pan, medium heat.
- Turn and brown all sides or until the cheese is melted.
- You can also zap in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Dip in hot sauce or your favorite salsa.
Very good. I made some with each type of cheese, and had both "Wonderful Salsa", and "Snappy Cheese Dip" for dipping. I also prepared some by the frying pan method, and some by microwave; we preferred the microwave method because it keeps the tortillas softer. My "Picky Panel of Judges" gave this recipe 4 stars.
I had a couple frozen Bratwurst on hand and tried this out as I don't keep hot dog buns on hand. So simple and easy. I added mustard and pickles as well as the cheese and salsa. I also put the Brats in hot water for a while so they were good and hot at serving time.
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make.