Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy to make. It doesn't take much time and anyone who likes tacos will love this dish.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 12 -16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag taco chips (crushed)
- Brown hamburger with onion; drain.
- Add seasonings, water and paste; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Place meat mixture in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Cover with cheese and top with crushed taco chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- We garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, taco sauce sour cream, etc. (but is also very good without).
Quick dish to prepare and it does taste like a taco when you add the toppings. The crushed chips on top also give it the crunchiness of a hard taco shell. Will make this one again :)