Recipe by sherri H
This is very easy to make. It doesn't take much time and anyone who likes tacos will love this dish.
Top Review by LainieBug
Quick dish to prepare and it does taste like a taco when you add the toppings. The crushed chips on top also give it the crunchiness of a hard taco shell. Will make this one again :)
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 12 -16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag taco chips (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger with onion; drain.
- Add seasonings, water and paste; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Place meat mixture in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Cover with cheese and top with crushed taco chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- We garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, taco sauce sour cream, etc. (but is also very good without).