I have a daughter who must have this punch every Christmas. The other kids love it too. Some ingredients might be hard to find outside of Mexico, so use whatever you can find, it will still be good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs small crabapples (tejocotes)
- 2 lbs peeled sugar cane, in chunks
- 3 lbs golden delicious apples
- 3 lbs guavas, skinned
- 3 cups brown sugar, adapt to taste
- 2 lbs pitted prunes
- 30 g cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange rind, without whitish underskin, in small squares
- 2 whole cloves
- 20 tamarind pulp, pods peeled (or 20 jamaica flowers)
- 6 liters water
- 1Place the crab apples in a pot with water and bring to a boil.Once it has boiled turn off heat and take off peel and pits.
- 2In another pot, preferably of Mexican clay pottery, pour the 6 litters of water and turn heat to high.
- 3Meanwhile peel and chunk the sugar cane.
- 4When the water has begun boiling put in the peeled and pitted crab apples and the chunked sugar cane and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 5Also chunk the golden delicious apples and the peeled guavas and add to the brew. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
- 6Add the sugar and on the next boil, add the.
- 7orange peel bits and the cinnamon, the prunes and the cloves. Simmer until cinnamon and cloves release their flavor and just before serving add rum to taste.
- 8Serve hot.
- 9Optional: You can add a couple of slices of drained canned peaches when serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Christmas Fruit Punch
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: