Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
a sweet and spicy mexican drink.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, divided
- pour 1/2 cup evaporated milk into a medium size mixing bowl.
- place beaters in bowl.
- freeze about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around the edges of the bowl.
- heat remaining evaporated milk, water, morsels, 1 teaspoons vanilla, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 pinch cayenne pepper in a medium saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted. do not boil.
- set aside.
- remove chilled evaporated milk from freezer.
- beat on high speed 1 minute or until mixture forms soft peaks.
- pour hot chocolate into eight 4 ounce demitasse cups and imediately dollop foam on top.