Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for breakfasts, chilly nights, "I don't feel so good" days, and just when you want to relax! Sometimes I like to mix this half and half with coffee. Other times I like to let it cool down and pop it in the blender with some ice cream and make a milkshake! Hot chocolate isn't just for snow-days, you know! ;)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, place 1/4 cup mix in cup and add 3/4 cup hot milk, stirring until mix is well blended.
The first time I made this I thought it needed a bit more cocoa. This time I left out the marshmallows and added 1/2 cup more cocoa and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne. Hot Chocolate with a kick!
Why is it pink?!?!?!
I cut this recipe in half, but kept the cocoa at 1 cup. I thought it could still use a little more, though -- just wasn't cocoa-y enough for my taste. I think I will add an extra 1/2 cup of cocoa next time in addition to leaving out the creamer (didn't care for the taste of it in this recipe). I love, love, love the cinnamon flavor of this -- will definitely keep experimenting until it's right for me.