1/1 Photo of Mexican Hot Chocolate for Really Lazy People on a Diet
I like the hot/sweet spiciness of Mexican hot chocolate, but well, I'm lazy. I'm also trying to stick to lower-calorie foods, so we're going to use diet hot cocoa mix for this one, boys and girls. Feel free to go full-fat while I sit here and envy you. I use Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice decaf tea for this, but go ahead and use whatever cinnamon tea you can get your little hands on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cinnamon tea bags
- 1 (1/3 ounce) envelope Swiss Miss diet cocoa mix
- 8 ounces water, boiled
- 1Steep two tea bags in boiled water for 3-5 minutes.
- 2Strain and remove tea bags, and place cocoa mix in a mug.
- 3Slowly add hot tea to cocoa, stirring constantly so as to completely dissolve mix.
- 4Bask in the spicy sweetness.
- 5(Note: I've had "Mexican" cocoa made with a dash of coffee in it as well, so you could probably go ahead and add a 1/2-1 teaspoon of instant coffee to this as well. If you, you know, were feeling kinda kooky about it.).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Chocolate for Really Lazy People on a Diet
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1