Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
I like the hot/sweet spiciness of Mexican hot chocolate, but well, I'm lazy. I'm also trying to stick to lower-calorie foods, so we're going to use diet hot cocoa mix for this one, boys and girls. Feel free to go full-fat while I sit here and envy you. I use Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice decaf tea for this, but go ahead and use whatever cinnamon tea you can get your little hands on.
- 2 cinnamon tea bags
- 1 (1/3 ounce) envelope Swiss Miss diet cocoa mix
- 8 ounces water, boiled
- Steep two tea bags in boiled water for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain and remove tea bags, and place cocoa mix in a mug.
- Slowly add hot tea to cocoa, stirring constantly so as to completely dissolve mix.
- Bask in the spicy sweetness.
- (Note: I've had "Mexican" cocoa made with a dash of coffee in it as well, so you could probably go ahead and add a 1/2-1 teaspoon of instant coffee to this as well. If you, you know, were feeling kinda kooky about it.).
What a shortcut! and it's good too! Made for the Comfort Cafe, a tag game.