Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a flyer received at my doctor's office. I tried this the other day and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- fat-free whipped topping
- In a small heavy saucepan, add the chocolate and coffee and heat until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and allspice.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture is hot, mix in the vanilla. Pour into 2 mugs.
- Add Splenda to taste, to sweeten.
- Top with a dollop of whipped topping and serve.
I made this with 1 ounce of bittersweet chocolate and 2% milk. I didn't need any sugar (or substitute)as the fat-free topping made it plenty sweet enough for me. I really enjoyed this simple to make tasty hot chocolate. Yep, I drank it all! Made for Football Pool 2011. Thanks for sharing!
I made this to enjoy last evening. While it was good, it didn't knock my socks off. I added the amount of spices the recipe listed, but found the flavour wasn't "intense" enough for my tastebuds. Next time, I will increase the amounts. I topped mine with ultra low-fat whipped topping & a dash of cinnamon & cocoa. Made for Comfort Cafe-Jan'10.
Made this for the DM and myself and we thoroughly enjoyed. I topped with a little low fat whipped cream and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Thank you Sherrybeth, made for Comfort Cafe and the theme Coffee for the Diabetic.