Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From the Betty Crocker site. 2007 Prize winning recipe submitted by Joan Ranzini .
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon mexican hot instant chocolate drink mix (from 19-oz package)
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker sugar cookie mix (1 lb 1.5 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and hot chocolate tablet over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Place cookie mix in large bowl. Stir in melted butter, hot chocolate mixture and egg with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Store covered at room temperature.