Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 1 quart milk
- 7 ounces mexican chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- chili powder (optional)
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil and then add the chocolate.
- After the chocolate is incorporated, add the cinnamon, vanilla, chili powder and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then whisk briskly to a foam right before serving.
- Divide evenly into 4 cups and serve.
This is a great reicpe. I always use a whole dried chili while simmering and take it out when I have reached the right 'heat'. You post wonderful recipes!! I can't wait to try more.