Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful comfort drink.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cocoa and cinnamon in a small, heavy-duty saucepan; gradually stir in milk.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot (do not boil).
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Beat with wire whisk until frothy.
I love this drink!! I make it all the time now instead of drinking powdered hot chocolate every day. I half the recipe and it fills a huge mug almost 3/4 of the way. Must try!
This recipe left me very disappointed after having your New England hot chocolate (which I enjoyed very much!). I didn't like the flavoring in this and felt that it lacked the creaminess that I like and I also felt that the subtle taste of the cinnamon was overcome by the taste of cocoa. I'm sorry, but I didn't care for this one much.
I made this with Lactaid since my husband is lactose intolerant. It turned out so chocolaty smooth with a hint of cinnamon. We loved it!