1/2 Photos of Mexican Hot Chocolate
Although this uses raw eggs, I think the boiling water cook the eggs - but you can also subsitute egg beaters for the eggs if you want to be on the safe side. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1985).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour first 7 ingredients (water - nutmeg) in blender until smooth.
- 2Add eggs (see note in description).
- 3With machine running, slowly add hot milk through the hole in top of the blender cover, blending until foamy.
- 4Serve immediately with extra hot milk or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 112.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g