- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces mexican chocolate (3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, preferably Mexican
- cinnamon stick (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until scalding, but not boiling.
- Break the chocolate into pieces. Add to the hot milk along with the cinnamon, sugar and salt. Stir until melted. Beat with a wire whisk until frothy.
- Add the vanilla. Continue to whisk.
- Pour into 4 mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.