Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had this recipe for awhile. I like to make this cause it is very soothing, creamy and frothy. I always get rave reviews when I make this for friends!
- 1419.54 ml milk
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2 beaten eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- whipped cream, to taste
- In a large saucepan combine 1 cup of the milk, the sugar, chocolate, and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- Cook and stir until milk is hot.
- Do not boil.
- Gradually and slowly stir 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into eggs, then transfer entire mixture to saucepan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir quickly until very frothy.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and dollop with whipped cream.
This is a great creamy recipe! Putting eggs in your hot chocolate seemed strange, so who would have thunk that it would be perfectly fine. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.