1/1 Photo of Mexican Hot Chocolate
Chef Cathy's Note:
I've had this recipe for awhile. I like to make this cause it is very soothing, creamy and frothy. I always get rave reviews when I make this for friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan combine 1 cup of the milk, the sugar, chocolate, and cinnamon.
- 2Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted.
- 3Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- 4Cook and stir until milk is hot.
- 5Do not boil.
- 6Gradually and slowly stir 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into eggs, then transfer entire mixture to saucepan.
- 7Cook and stir for 2 minutes over low heat.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 9Stir quickly until very frothy.
- 10Pour hot chocolate into mugs and dollop with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 11.9 g