Recipe by Dancer^
I haven't made this, but it does sound interesting.
Top Review by Julesnjoe
This horchata recipe is delicious and tastes like a good restaraurant version! For best results skip the cheesecloth and pour the blended mix straight through a brand new nylon, works much better. I found that when you strain it several times it leaves less of that powdery after taste. I will be making this every mexican meal i make in the future! Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice in a bowl with enough hot water to cover.
- Let the rice sit overnight.
- Next day, remove the water.
- Place 1/2 cup of rice, and 2 cups milk in a blender.
- Blend until rice is all ground up.
- Mix in 1/4 cup sugar,.
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla,.
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Do the same with the other half of the ingredients.
- Strain through cheesecloth (or whatever).
- Serve over ice.