Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this, but it does sound interesting.
- Place the rice in a bowl with enough hot water to cover.
- Let the rice sit overnight.
- Next day, remove the water.
- Place 1/2 cup of rice, and 2 cups milk in a blender.
- Blend until rice is all ground up.
- Mix in 1/4 cup sugar,.
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla,.
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Do the same with the other half of the ingredients.
- Strain through cheesecloth (or whatever).
- Serve over ice.
This horchata recipe is delicious and tastes like a good restaraurant version! For best results skip the cheesecloth and pour the blended mix straight through a brand new nylon, works much better. I found that when you strain it several times it leaves less of that powdery after taste. I will be making this every mexican meal i make in the future! Thanks!
Fabulous Horchata! I let the rice soak for a whole day instead of just over night... and it just made more! My 4 sons LOVED it. They love horchata at all the taco shops that we go to, and no one thought it possible... but they declared this recipe to be their absolute favorite horchata ever. THANK YOU for sharing this recipe.
Wow, I think this is better than the restaurants', and so easy to make! Thanks for the recipe!