Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't made this, but it does sound interesting.
Make and share this Mexican Horchata recipe from Food.com.
- Place the rice in a bowl with enough hot water to cover.
- Let the rice sit overnight.
- Next day, remove the water.
- Place 1/2 cup of rice, and 2 cups milk in a blender.
- Blend until rice is all ground up.
- Mix in 1/4 cup sugar,.
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla,.
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Do the same with the other half of the ingredients.
- Strain through cheesecloth (or whatever).
- Serve over ice.
This horchata recipe is delicious and tastes like a good restaraurant version! For best results skip the cheesecloth and pour the blended mix straight through a brand new nylon, works much better. I found that when you strain it several times it leaves less of that powdery after taste. I will be making this every mexican meal i make in the future! Thanks!
Wow, I think this is better than the restaurants', and so easy to make! Thanks for the recipe!
So I am giving this four stars for the tastiness of the end result. It loses a star because the recipe could be a little more specific. When I soaked the rice, it must have resulted in a lot more than in the recipe. I used what I had (and I think it was way too much). When straining the mixture through cheesecloth, there was a lot of sediment in there. Also, didn't seem to make enough for 6 people at all. Because it tastes so good, I think next time I will plan on using more milk.