Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hominy with an exciting Tex-Mex flavor. I like to add bell pepper and use Ro-Tel tomatoes. From the Tex-Mex Cookbook by E. Blakeley. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (8-10 slices)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hominy
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (or to your taste)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Saute onion, garlic, and bacon in large skillet until bacon is crisp and onions are clear; drain fat.
- Crumble bacon and return to pan. Add hominy, tomatoes, and chili powder. Cook over low heat until creamy.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
I made this with turkey bacon and low fat cheddar to save some calories. It still came out delicious!
My hubby is a hominy kinda guy, and we both really enjoyed this. It's a great recipe to switch around with the other one I have. Easy to prepare, great taste! Thank you Mrs. Jack!