Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a typical actual Mexican recipe from the Cantina El Torito in Nuevo Laredo, Mex on Calle Guerrero. It's hot so it's not for the faint hearted, but like most cantina recipes it's made to make you reach for your beer. They serve the tacos free at lunchtime.
- 1⁄2 lb liver
- 8 jalapenos
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas or 8 flour tortillas
- chop jalapenos and onion.
- saute jalapeno and onion til onion is clear. Do not brown.
- separately fry in skillet the liver to medium.
- cut liver in small pieces.
- put all ingredients together with tomato sauce in pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- salt to taste.
- serve on either corn or flour tortillas not taco shells.